Principal Backend Engineer_Product EngineeringShanghai, China Job ID: 2182981
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Principal Engineer – Product Engineering
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Product Engineering is responsible for building Coupang customer facing products, we are in charge of 10+ mission critical applications which handles millions customer transactions every day, from customer open Coupang home page, until customer finishes her extraordinary shopping experience with an order, we are taking care every single part of this journey. Product Engineering
- Owns Coupang’s eCommerce facing features
- Drives Coupang new initiatives and mission critical programs
- Leads Coupang front systems with exciting tech stacks.
- Cloud Native (AWS), MSA, JPA, Elastic stack, Docker, Kafka, Spring boot, Graphite, Cassandra, native mobile development.
- Obsesses over site reliability to guarantee an effortless shopping experience
- Is truly global, with teams located at Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing and Bay area
Our vision is to build a trusted eCommerce platform by obsessing over reliable and effortless shopping experience, through a highly productive engineering team.
- Tech leader for agile team throughout the software development lifecycle
- Collaboration with product owners, stakeholders and designers to implement enhancements or new applications
- Main contributor for making decision for system architecture.
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality/time to market imperatives;
- Share best practices and improve processes within or across agile teams, mentor junior developers
- Experience with Java/JS development and worked on distributed system.
- Experience developing large scale enterprise and MVC web applications.
- Experiences with micro service architecture, hands-on working on designing a system.
- Experiences with handling performance optimization, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Experiences with handling large data and databases and handling data consistency which is placed different database.
- Comprehensive experiences on data structure and algorithm.
- Excellent communication skills with English.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment with frequent and on-time releases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- Cloud Native（AWS）、MSA、JPA、Elastic stack、Docker、Kafka、Spring boot、Graphite、Cassandra、原生移动开发。
- 有开发大型企业和MVC Web应用程序的经验
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.