Principal Engineer - Machine Learning [Catalog]
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Principal Software Engineer (Machine Learning) for Catalog, you will be responsible for operational reporting and insights to make our consumer experience world-class. Our goal is to build the best e-commerce experience for our customers. We get millions of products from sellers and we want to build a consistent experience by automatically detecting features from catalog, and enriching the catalog with structured information. We use machine learning to develop models to extract missing data from text, detect inaccuracies and fix them automatically. We strive to build efficient workflows allowing humans to apply their judgment only when necessary.
Key Responsibilities: (Drafter: Refer to below for the format of the sentences - nominal clause)
- Tech expert for agile team throughout the software development lifecycle
- Works cross-functionally with product owners, data scientists to drive and implement enhancements or new initiatives
- Main contributor for making decision for system architecture, promote catalog system to higher level.
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, availability, enterprise architecture and engineering best practices
- Share best practices and improve processes within or across agile teams, mentor junior developers
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor or above degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of software engineering experience and best practices in Java or other high-level language.
- 4+ years of experience leading large-scale projects.
- 3+ years of experience in machine learning project, and successfully improved key business metrics using ML
- Master one of the deep learning framework – tensorflow, keras, torch etc.
- Experience with massive data processing techniques (EMR/Hadoop/Spark, Storm etc.)
- Experiences with hive, python, scala etc
- One who is capable of or is fluent in English communication