[Seller Service] Senior Back-end EngineerShanghai, China Job ID: 2081184
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Our vision is to create a Friction Free experience for Sellers to add and manage their inventory on Coupang platform across all Listings channels. We will provide a platform that helps Sellers to list new products easily, manage their price and quantity updates in real time. We will provide specific feedback on Listing creation and updates, so that Sellers don’t need to contact Seller support for matching and reconciliation issues.
- Actively work with team through the full lifecycle of solution, including platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing and deployment.
- Provide technical tips to other programmers in the team.
- Develop analytics with a mind toward accuracy, scalability and high performance.
- Actively work with team to define, design, and develop software applications for new Listing platform
- Actively work with team to review the engineering design and drawings
- Works cross-functionally with stakeholders to define and drive feature enhancements/requirements/prioritization
- Set clear, measurable quality goals for the feature in a data-driven way
- Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do here at Coupang.
- Raise the bar on functionality, flow, consistency, usability, and simplicity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years software development experiences;
- 2+ years hands-on experience with designing and developing on distributed architecture systems up to Tera/petabyte data handling using Open Source software.
- Expert with one or more programming language such as Java/Python/Scala
- Understanding of architectural principles and design patterns / styles using parallel large-scale distributed frameworks
- Deep knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server) and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, Dynamo DB
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of technical solutions, design patterns, and code for medium/complex applications deployed in Hadoop.
- Thorough understanding of service-oriented architectures and data processing in high-volume applications. Full SDLC experience (requirements gathering through production deployment).
- Ecommerce startup background
- Experience in Hadoop big data ecosystem is plus.
- Master’s degree in computer science.
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
QA Mock System
The biggest challenge and goal for Quality Assurance (QA) testers is to conduct a final test for a product thoroughly to enable a smooth release of the product in terms of both quality and quantity. Then, what type of test is employed? There are various types of testing; functional test, interface test, performance test, and etc. For any test, what is most critical is data. Without sufficient test data, it is unlikely to ensure high coverage and quality of the product. QA testers are all well aware of this. Then, how can QA testers enrich, create and manage test data efficiently?
Evolving the Coupang Data Platform
Coupang is revolutionizing e-Commerce market of South Korea with last-mile delivery and rethinking discovery of products on mobile first platform. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask, “How did I ever live without Coupang?”
Being a data driven company, we rely heavily on data decisions right from customer journey to the best algorithm to optimize space in a fulfillment center. We use data to find bottlenecks at each step of the process and move faster as a company. To keep up with the constant demand for excellence in scale, availability, latency, concurrency, and fast data growth, we must constantly evolve our Data Platform.
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.
- Principal Product Manager (Ads Platform) Product Management Seattle
- Principal Product Manager (Ad Serving) Product Management Seattle
- Principal, Data Engineer (Pricing Competitor Intelligence) Data Engineering Seoul