Senior Backend EngineerShanghai, China Job ID: 2005458
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Senior Backend Engineer for Search and Discovery Core Infrastructure, you have the opportunity to work on the core technologies of big data processing like Hive/HBase/Spark/Kafka, and search service like Lucene/Solr. You will identify and solve hard problems to improve the system scalability, enhance the reliability, as well as optimize the resource efficiency. In addition, we have initiatives to push our systems beyond the limits like real-time indexing and serving millions of products, and your ideas and experience would help us achieve the goal.
Key Responsibilities: (Drafter: Refer to below for the format of the sentences - nominal clause)
- Design and implementation of durable & efficient software solutions that handles massive amount of structured and unstructured data
- Develop and scale data infrastructure that powers batch and real-time data processing
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships with Data Scientists, Analysts, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs
- Research, analyze and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems
- Coach and mentor other engineers in process and methodologies
Qualifications: (Drafter: Refer to below for the format of the sentences.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, preferably in Java related technologies
- Strong fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces, back-end systems and databases
- Ability to think outside-the-box and challenge conventional wisdoms.Solid experience with handling large data volumes in a distributed environment and web data management
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
Preferred: (Drafter: Refer to below for the format of the sentences.)
- Experience in development of Petabyte-Scale NoSQL database and Messaging Platform
- Experience with big data ecosystem(Spark, Hive, HBase, etc.), solid experience with ETL or Data Warehouse
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
QA Mock System
The biggest challenge and goal for Quality Assurance (QA) testers is to conduct a final test for a product thoroughly to enable a smooth release of the product in terms of both quality and quantity. Then, what type of test is employed? There are various types of testing; functional test, interface test, performance test, and etc. For any test, what is most critical is data. Without sufficient test data, it is unlikely to ensure high coverage and quality of the product. QA testers are all well aware of this. Then, how can QA testers enrich, create and manage test data efficiently?
Evolving the Coupang Data Platform
Coupang is revolutionizing e-Commerce market of South Korea with last-mile delivery and rethinking discovery of products on mobile first platform. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask, “How did I ever live without Coupang?”
Being a data driven company, we rely heavily on data decisions right from customer journey to the best algorithm to optimize space in a fulfillment center. We use data to find bottlenecks at each step of the process and move faster as a company. To keep up with the constant demand for excellence in scale, availability, latency, concurrency, and fast data growth, we must constantly evolve our Data Platform.
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.