Senior Data Scientist [SCM]
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Who We Are?
TheSupply Chain Data Science team is responsible for predicting what customers want to buy and automate the ordering process. We create a daily demand forecast for all Coupang’s Retail SKUs, every day. We work with internal stakeholders to solve challenging Supply Chain problems at scale. Our systems ensure Coupang’s customers are delighted with consistently available products. Automation supports scale and efficiency of our Supply Chain processes.
How We Do It?
We use Machine Learning processes to generate our daily forecast and buying decisions. We focus on Time Series models for predicting customer demand. We provide the Data Science team with Data Engineering, Software Engineer and Data Analysis resources to ensure the Data Science team can focus on building the best models. Our goal is to apply cutting edge models into our production environment, using a deep understanding of the e-commerce business domain to demonstrate results in production. We join big thinking with a pragmatic approach to measuring results.
Our systems are built on Hadoop and Spark, with forecasting models implemented in Python using SciPy, NumPy, etc. Our Automated Buying systems combine machine learning with human oversight. Data Scientists work with a cross-functional team of Engineers, Analysts and Product Owners to build world-class systems that keep our Supply Chain running smoothly.
- Design and implement models to predict customer demand, recommend supplier order quantities and make inventory management recommendations
- Develop model evaluation criteria and accuracy KPIs
- Collaborate with engineering teams to launch models into production
- Provide requirements and use cases for Big Data infrastructure
- Explore new Machine Learning applications to Time Series prediction
- Mentor junior data scientists / analysts and provide career development advice
- 3-5 years relevant experience;
- Masters in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, CS or Engineering;
- Ph. D. a plus
- Expertise in R or Python
- Experience with Time Series prediction
- Working experience with Python ML libraries (SciKit, Pandas) a plus
- Working experience with Scala or Java a plus
- Experience with big data ecosystem (Spark, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie) a plus
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.