Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Senior Interpretation for China Translator Team, you will be responsible for supporting trilingual communication of world-wide project teams in Coupang. Our mission is to ensure smooth technical & business communication globally by working with development, PO and business operation teams etc. on Korean/English/Chinese technical & business meeting interpretation, email/document translation.
How We Do?
Exhibiting high level of productivity while maintaining high standard for accuracy, each team member is responsible for supporting couples of project teams, deep diving into the whole project development process and building productive working relationships with the project team members. By leveraging online team project management tool, all team members are well-organized with strong ownership over target project teams, as well as free teamwork backup.
For better cross-team backup support, we share best practices and improve processes within and across teams. We introduce regular on-job training program including OJT, 1:1 mentoring, team knowledge sharing and project team training, etc. New hires gain solid IT/e-Commerce and interpretation knowhow though training program.
With growing demand of translation requests scaling up with the growing size of Coupang, we distinguished ourselves by building up company-wide translation request policy ensuring smooth cross-nation communication.
We view tri-lingual high-perform as our core strength. We endeavor to be the first trilingual simultaneous interpretation team focusing on IT technology in Asia Pacific.
- Simultaneous interpretation for technical/business meetings in Korean /Chinese
- Consecutive interpretation for technical/business meeting in English/Chinese
- Translate technical / business emails and documents in Korean/English/Chinese
- Other ad hoc assignments
- If senior interpreter, need to hire, lead and develop a high-performing team of junior interpreter and translators
- Bachelor degree or above, Korean or related major. Native Korean language level.
- Proficient Chinese-Korean simultaneous interpretation skills and translation ability.
- Good command of English consecutive interpretation and translation ability.
- More than two-year experience in translation / interpretation, abide by professional ethics is preferred. Leadership experience is a plus.
- Love translation work, strong ownership, detail-oriented, meticulous integrity punctuality, serious and result-oriented, strong sense of responsibility.
- E-commerce / IT or relevant working experience is a plus. Curiosity to keep learning technical knowledge. Knowledge and technology evangelist.
- Have excellent communication skills and teamwork spirit.
- Can travel overseas (not frequently). Will work with colleagues in Seoul Korea and Silicon Valley in the US.
- Oversea experience (especially in Korea) is a plus.