Senior Java Engineer [Product Engineering]Shanghai, China Job ID: 2041874
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
You will be engaged in the entire agile development process from participating in story estimation, feature design discussions and planning, implementation and releasing. You will design and implement system architecture, and have primary responsibility for code quality. Your focus is not only on functionality, but on performance, security and data validation. You should provide the final recommendation to a technical trade-off.
- Tech leader for agile team throughout the software development lifecycle
- Collaboration with product owners, stakeholders and designers to implement enhancements or new applications
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality/time to market imperatives;
- Share best practices and improve processes within or across agile teams, mentor junior developers
- Lead and drive company level project with collaborate with different agile teams and stakeholders.
- Experience with Java/JS development and worked on distributed system.
- Experience developing medium to large scale enterprise and MVC web applications.
- Experiences with micro service architecture, hands-on working on designing a system.
- Experiences with handling the front UI optimization, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Comprehensive experiences on data structure and algorithm.
- Excellent communication skills with English, Korean is a plus.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment with frequent and on-time releases.
- Experiences in AWS, EC2 is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
QA Mock System
The biggest challenge and goal for Quality Assurance (QA) testers is to conduct a final test for a product thoroughly to enable a smooth release of the product in terms of both quality and quantity. Then, what type of test is employed? There are various types of testing; functional test, interface test, performance test, and etc. For any test, what is most critical is data. Without sufficient test data, it is unlikely to ensure high coverage and quality of the product. QA testers are all well aware of this. Then, how can QA testers enrich, create and manage test data efficiently?
Evolving the Coupang Data Platform
Coupang is revolutionizing e-Commerce market of South Korea with last-mile delivery and rethinking discovery of products on mobile first platform. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask, “How did I ever live without Coupang?”
Being a data driven company, we rely heavily on data decisions right from customer journey to the best algorithm to optimize space in a fulfillment center. We use data to find bottlenecks at each step of the process and move faster as a company. To keep up with the constant demand for excellence in scale, availability, latency, concurrency, and fast data growth, we must constantly evolve our Data Platform.
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.