Senior Manager, Data Science [SCM]
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
SCM Data Science is responsible for applying Data Science and Machine Learning to solve problems in Demand Forecasting, Inventory Management and Supplier Behavior. SCM Data Science faces a range of challenges in predicting customer behavior across a wide range of time scales and under various business conditions, all at e-Commerce scale. The manager of the SCM Data Science team will lead a team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts to build new models and work with our engineering teams to get these models into production.
- Lead SCM Data Science Team: Guide Data Scientists and Data Analysts to solutions that solve business challenges in comprehensive and sustainable manner
- Work with Product Owners to translate business challenges into problem statements
- Own Forecast accuracy KPIs and demonstrate improvement to top leadership
- Develop vision and roadmap of future projects using cutting edge trends in Machine Learning and Data Science
- Hiring and Development responsibility for SCM Data Science team
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Math, Computer Science or related Engineering field
- 5+ years relevant working experience in Data Science or Machine Learning
- Solid foundation in Predictive Modeling (Regression, ARIMA, GLM, LSTM, etc)
- Practical Machine Learning experience (Data Preprocessing, Feature Selection / Engineering, Training, Model Evaluation)
- Experience leading a team of Data Scientists
- Experience building models with R or Python
- Hands-on experience with Time Series prediction
- Supply Chain domain experience
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.