Staff Backend Engineer-MLShanghai, China Job ID: 3480427
We are looking for people who are passionate about solving complex real-world problems, building world-class solutions, and benefitting millions of lives. At Coupang, developers learn from one another—we share knowledge and spur each other on to come up with great ideas—and move extremely fast to create profound impact together. You will also have the opportunity to tackle large-scale challenges that arise as we grow. This includes building in-house technology, innovating mobile architecture, and advancing possibilities with machine learning and deep learning. With you, we will build a world where our customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
Staff Back-end Engineer （ML）
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Who We Are?
Supply Chain Automation is responsible for predicting what customers want to buy and automating the inventory ordering process. We create a daily demand forecast for all Coupang’s Retail SKUs, every day. We work with internal stakeholders to solve challenging Supply Chain problems at scale. Our systems ensure Coupang’s customers are delighted with consistently available products. Automation supports scale and efficiency of our Supply Chain processes.
How We Do?
We use Big Data and Machine Learning processes to generate our daily forecast and buying decisions. Our systems are built on Hadoop and Spark, with forecasting models implemented in R and Python (using SciPy, NumPy) and other infrastructure in Java and Scala. Our Automated Buying systems combine machine learning with human oversight. Machine learning Engineers work with a cross-functional team of Data Scientists, Analysts and Product Owners to build world-class Machine learning platform and forecasting systems that keep our Supply Chain running smoothly.
- Work with an Agile cross-functional team of Data Scientists, Analysts and Product Owners to deliver world class Machine learning platform as part of Automation buying solutions
- Translate application story and use cases into scalable system solution
- Build and maintain our machine learning platform and big data infrastructure to manage ML/DS model lifecycle, scale and support new use cases
- Own system performance and reliability metrics through scaling and infrastructure improvement
- Work with Data warehouse team to align our data requirement and monitor the data quality
- Lead design and code review sessions
- Mentor junior engineers and provide career development advice
- 5+ years of experience in systems architecture, analysis and service system development is required
- B.S./ M.S. Computer Engineering/Science/MIS or equivalent
- Hands-on Core Java/Scala OO design and development skill
- Hands-on scalable system architecture and design capability
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL(Redis/Cassandra /MongoDB)
- Self motivated, takes initiative and works well with extended team members.
- Passion to learn new technologies
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Experience with machine learning/deep learning algorithm engineering and/or applications is preferred
- Experience with big data ecosystem (Spark, Hive, HBase, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie) a plus
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Product Manager (Product Owner)
- Tech Recruiter
Benefits and Rewards
Our mission is global
Coupang is a global business with offices in Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Silicon Valley, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Our Korea office is located in downtown Seoul near Lotte World Hotel and Lotte World Mall.
Our office in Shanghai is conveniently situated near to restaurants and gyms, as well as to the Evergreen Hotel and the Chamtime Square Shopping Mall.
Our Beijing office is located in One Indigo, a Grade A-listed office tower. From our space on the 12th floor, you can take in expansive views of Indigo Park, the Ba River and the Beijing skyline. We are conveniently situated a few steps away from the Indigo Shopping Mall, and parking is easily available.
Mountain View, United States
Our Mountain View office is located in the Silicon Valley area across from the NASA Ames Research and Visitor Center.
Seattle, United States
Our Seattle office can be found in the heart of downtown Seattle near restaurants and tourist attractions such as the Pike Place Market.
Los Angeles, United States
Our office in Los Angeles is located in the Riverside area right next to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park.
- Senior, Supply Chain Solutions SCM Seoul
- Principal, Logistics Fleet Strategy / 배송차량 상세 사양 도입 및 개발 전문가 모집 Delivery Support Seoul
- [Coupang Fulfillment Services] Automation Maintenance Engineer (이천1 FC) Logistics Planning Seoul