Head of Logistics - Singapore
Coupang is striving to build the future of commerce. Our mission is to create a world where customers wonder, ‘How did I ever live without Coupang?’ We place our customers first and offer them the best possible prices and product selection within a highly convenient and personalized shopping environment. We are continually looking for passionate builders who can work with us to fulfill our goals. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Games Changers” by Forbes. Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, and Singapore.
Coupang is seeking a Head of Logistics who will be responsible for design, build, and continuous improvement of our ‘Last Mile’ Logistics Processes and Operations. This is a highly critical and visible position based in our Singapore office.
The post holder will have all the necessary resources available to them to create the most scalable and efficient logistics network capable of receiving any kind of inventories from vendors, as well as delivering shipments to customers.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter with vast experience in process engineering within a high-volume customer focused logistics environment. Business Analysis, Transportability Optimization, Strategy development, Efficiency Improvement and Reengineering processes will be focus points for the role holder.
- Designing, implementing and executing complex Logistics Programs, re-engineering processes to simplify existing logistics and last mile delivery operations
- Manage, design and implement logistics projects and new initiatives, and coordinate with cross functional teams to support the projects. Full management responsibility for ensuring game changing major projects are delivered and executed successfully in terms budget, quality and time measures.
- Conducting regular quantitative and qualitative business-case analyses to improve operation processes, ensuring that our business logistics operations are fully suited to support us in reaching Coupang’s goals
- We would be seeking a candidate who has held a senior logistics innovation position (10 years plus experience) within a global logistics provider.
- A subject matter expert in process improvement using lean methodology
- Proven success within ‘Last Mile’ logistics improvement projects is essential.
- Ability to lead and inspire diverse teams to achieve end goals.
- The role holder must be agile, able to quickly adapt strategies and plans, to come up with innovative solutions in response to dynamic business requirements.
- Must be comfortable driving changes across different functional teams from finance to operation to software development, as well as communicating and influencing across all levels from associates to the CEO.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang in accordance with the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.