Head of Operations - Singapore
Coupang is striving to build the future of commerce. Our mission is to create a world where customers wonder, ‘How did I ever live without Coupang?’ We place our customers first and offer them the best possible prices and product selection within a highly convenient and personalized shopping environment. We are continually looking for passionate builders who can work with us to fulfill our goals. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Games Changers” by Forbes. Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, and Singapore.
Coupang is looking for a senior Operations leader with a passion for international ecommerce and building businesses from the ground up. As one of the fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet, this role will play a pivotal role to the success and evolution of the business.
This leadership role will oversee general operations functions, responsible for replenishment, inventory health, forecasting and supply chain cost optimization. You will own day to day operations of retail ecommerce and logistics within a region, and the business relationships with key suppliers from manufacturing to destination fulfillment center delivery.
- Optimize product availability while effectively balancing overstocks and understocks.
- Work with Logistics partners to leverage their freight and warehousing network to optimize costs and inventory risks within the supply chain
- Implement system/process improvements with internal stakeholders, suppliers and logistics suppliers
- Drive metrics to improve efficiency, implementing the necessary changes within your in-stock and operations team.
- Working with Business Managers to evaluate new product opportunities, relating to inventory and operational risk and considerations.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of experience in operations and/or in-stock fields, ideally with Private Label experience
- Analytical and problem solving skills to find creative ways to overcome obstacles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- 2+ years in a people management role
- Experience in managing international warehouse operations
- Strong track record of building in-stock and operations teams for new businesses
- Experience working with suppliers based across Asia, North America and Europe
- Ability to work at all levels, from diving deep into day to day defects to writing and presenting strategy documents
- Smart about choosing between fast and right
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang in accordance with the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.