Director, Tech Procurement
, South Korea
3084843 Apr. 26, 2021 Corporate Functions
Title: Director, Tech Procurement
- Drive definitions and implementation of global strategy for assigned category in major categories - Technology Software, Hardware, Telecommunications and/or Professional Services.
- Create and lead the sourcing strategy for assigned category to deliver the lowest total cost of acquisition for products or services, while delivering improved value and service;
- Develop together with stakeholders a pipeline of projects based on spend analysis which are fully aligned with category strategy and criticality to the business;
- Lead global tenders & sourcing projects as well as contract negotiation to deliver best value and ensure compliance with the relevant regulation requirements.
- Coordinate and manage of all global procurement projects for the Technology category as assigned.
- Ensure that the procurement process is run in the most efficient way and be accountable for contract finalization and related timelines;
- Act as the single point of contact in providing expert leadership for Technology category as assigned;
- Understand the best practices in the sourcing function and to incorporate them into the category strategy;
- Implement effective industry leading contract management practices, supplier due diligence and supplier risk management.
- Lead pricing/commercial negotiations
- 10 years' worth of experience in a strategic procurement role with at least 5 years in the Technology category (Hardware, Software, Telecommunications / Network);
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology (IT) or engineering and a qualification in purchasing and supply chain professional bodies will be advantageous (e.g. CIPS);
- Contractual experience, with a background in technology contracts (e.g. Licenses, SLA, Technical services, SaaS, Cloud);
- Experience in strategic sourcing & negotiating agreements with large technology suppliers
- Passion for the IT & technology world and understands the market trends;
- Project management and financial modeling skills: able to lead procurement projects
- Should be change agent with a proven track record on securing buy-on and adoption across the business
- Should able to deliver the result with strong business acumen
- Excellent negotiation skill
- Fluent in English language would be an asset