Director, Procurement (Taiwan)
3300012 Jul. 22, 2021 Corporate Functions
Coupang Global Procurement is looking for high-performing individuals to support early stage
and new business launch in Taiwan. This role will increase cost efficiencies and help internal
teams scale quickly. This role requires an expert level practitioner to support a wide variety of
functions (Source-to-Pay, vendor management, process improvement, supply chain)
Primary responsibilities of this role:
- Independently balance multiple stakeholders groups and internal customers in confidential environments.
- Establishing strong relationships with internal business stakeholders; building an understanding of strategic business direction, requirements, and priorities across the business and teams.
- Maintain expertise in supply markets, suppliers and products to develop and execute local sourcing plans across multiple categories and industries.
- Negotiate, create, execute, and manage effective regional/local contracts with suppliers that will allow the company to maximize opportunity.
- Working with business and finance leaders to identify and implement Procure-to-Pay best practices including savings and controllership. Working closely with engineers to ensure products and services meet the needs of the business.
- Evaluating supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and bench-marking analysis.
- Managing sourcing and supplier engagement activities including RFx, spend pattern analysis, contract analysis, bid evaluation, negotiations, and supplier consolidation.
- Vendor Management (ensuring products and services are delivered and paid on time and quality is maintained).
- 7+ years of relevant strategic sourcing and procurement experience, to include at minimum, 5 years in an indirect procurement function (either at a multinational corporation, with global contracts or a startup Series C – IPO).
- 7+ years of experience practicing best-in-class procurement processes (category management, bench-marking, should-cost models, RFX, reverse auction, contracting, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience with spend categories under management to include one or more of the following: high tech, indirect, construction, industrial equipment, MRO, retail, professional services.
- Master’s Degree (MBA/MS) preferred.
- Strong negotiator with proven experience in setting negotiation strategies and conducting negotiations.
- Extensive knowledge of the basic types of commercial agreement structures and the function and purpose of key legal terms.
- Strong experience assessing risk and concisely explaining complex issues to principal business owners.
- Process improvement or project management expertise (PMP, Lean, etc.)
- Supply chain experience.
- Procure-to-pay (P2P) experience.
- Extremely customer-focused, taking the time to understand the needs of the business.
- Experience working in a startup environment to address immediate tactical purchasing needs while building for future-scale.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly synthesize, distill and draw conclusions on large amounts of disparate data.
- Experience with eProcurement tools (Ariba)
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills.
- Passionate self-starter with the highest integrity and ethics.
- Fluent level written and spoken English and Chinese