Senior, Associate General Counsel (Taiwan)
We are one of the fastest growing, most innovative companies in the world. Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network, we are the 5th largest US tech IPO of all time with a fanatical culture of customer centricity, and a track record of world leading innovation.
Coupang has broken traditional ecommerce tradeoffs, bringing customers lightning-fast delivery on millions of items at the lowest prices. With offices around the world including the US, China and Korea, Coupang is where talented entrepreneurs can seize new opportunities and take the initiative.
Now for the first time in Taiwan, Coupang is hiring for our launch team.
Position: Sr. Associate General Counsel
Coupang is looking for a talented lawyer to play a leading role in building and supporting our business in Taiwan. As the 1st legal counsel for Taiwan, you will be responsible for developing and implementing Coupang Taiwan’s legal and compliance strategy. This includes providing legal and compliance advice across all areas of our business, including ecommerce, fulfilment centers, transportation/logistics, HR, inventory supply, and general corporate governance.
- Lead and execute on a variety of legal and compliance matters across Coupang Taiwan’s business operations, including e-commerce, property, HR, operations, product compliance, and corporate compliance. You will be hands on with end-to-end responsibility for all legal support.
- Advise, draft, and negotiate a wide range of contracts with third parties including inventory suppliers, HR agencies, fulfilment center leases, and marketing partners.
- Lead and execute on all corporate governance matters pertaining to Coupang Taiwan including management of business license filings.
- Manage litigation and investigations that may arise in Taiwan.
- Represent Coupang in connection with any inquiries by regulators in Taiwan.
- Manage and instruct external law firms as required.
- Lead on the build out of a legal and compliance function in Taiwan.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal business partners including Global Procurement, Finance, Corporate IT, and Security and Privacy on projects and company-wide initiatives. Demonstrate hands on experience but also the ability to handle and manage projects with other members of the team.
- Qualified lawyer in Taiwan or foreign qualified lawyer with extensive experience working in TW.
- At least 8-10+ years of post-qualification legal experience. A mixture of law firm and in-house experience is preferred.
- Fluency in Mandarin and English.
- Exceptional ability to consistently deliver creative, thoughtful and business-oriented results that appropriately balance growth and risk in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- A willingness to learn voraciously and take on new scope and challenges.
- Ability to adapt easily to rapid and diverse business changes.
- Sound judgment in developing and implementing legal solutions.